What We Do
In Dr. Eastwick's Lab, we study the psychological processes involved in initiating and maintaining romantic relationships. We use a wide variety of research designs, ranging from longitudinal surveys to experimental methods to speed-dating/online dating. Below is a list of our research interests; for more information, use the drop down above.
- Romantic Partner Preferences
- Predictors of attraction (e.g., similarity, familiarity, physical attractiveness)
- Attachment in adult romantic relationships
- Mate value
- Impulse control
- Evolutionary perspectives on mating
- Speed-dating and online dating
- Person Perception
Dr. Eastwick will likely be accepting a graduate student to begin in the Fall of 2017.